There’s a gentleman in my local scene who gives free pedicures to ladies. He’s pretty rad — respectful, non-creepy, just all about giving as many pedicures as he can to folks who ID as female. I have no particular interest in having my feet prettified, but I find the experience relaxing, and I identify with his service-mindedness.
My friend holds a quarterly ladies-drinking-and-bitching party at her place, and at NNtS’s suggestion, we invited him this time. I’d been worried that people might feel uncomfortable with having an older guy present at this normally-women-only event, but everyone acted exactly as normal, it was great.
NNtS picked out this shade for me. I like the color, and the pedicure-dude did a great job. But dang, it’s disconcerting every single time I look at my feet. I generally think of myself as some combo of soft butch and hard femme, but at times like these I decidedly feel more the former than the latter.
I’m lucky enough to not experience the acute dysphoria that some people I know have had, and I don’t presume that I can really know what that’s like, but I imagine that maybe it’s a little like the mildly uncomfortable “wait, this shouldn’t be here, this isn’t me” feeling I get when I look at my painted toenails but times a hundred.
Are you wondering exactly what’s in the giveaway and raffle bags? We have tagged every item in the gift bags on our front page! Just click “contest tag” on the right side to see photos. We’re also posting a list of the items included here, just keep reading.
Remember you have until November 30th and yes, twitter follows and tumblr reblogs count (just make sure you follow the rules!) as entries! And YES you can do all of the free entry methods and donate for raffle tickets too!
Each bag contains one:
- 3rd printing copy of The Pro, (published by ImageComics) a classic one-shot comic about a prostitute who is given superhuman powers
- Copy of Cooking In Heels (written by Ceyenne Doroshow and published by the Red Umbrella Project)
- Copy of Pros(e) (written by various authors and curated and compiled by the Red Umbrella Project)
- Subscription to Prose&Lore (a twice yearly publication curated by the Red Umbrella Project) and a few assorted goodies from RedUPNYC
- WINNER’S CHOICE! a $25 Amazon giftcard OR 50 slixa credits!! from Slixa, the best adult advertising service on the internet.
- Slixa Swag Bag with a Slixa T-Shirt, coffee mug, and Slixa branded ink pens made to look like lipsticks!
- High end quality envelope clutch from WillowFashion, a small boutique with two stores, one located in Washington, D.C. and the other in Kansas
- 5-piece ELF lipgloss set, also donated by WillowFashion
- Handmade SWP/TPP patch, lovingly donated to us by a Friend of the site
- 3 greeting cards, handmade and donated by a Friend of the site
- PediPack donated to us by BigCityBeauty, containing everything you’ll need for more than a month’s worth of weekly pedi-spa nights
- An Activated Charcoal and Tea Tree Facial Soap from True&Natural Soaps located in California and now selling all natural and extremely high quality soaps online
- A natural body soap bar from beautifulsoaps on etsy, donated by a Friend of the site
- Two travel sized lotions and matching body sprays from BathandBodyWorks, donated to us by BigCityBeauty
- One $25 iTunes gift card, given to us by SolaceSF
- One $10 Walmart gift card, donated to us by VinelifeFamilyChurch
- One reusable drink cup filled with a few little snackies for you donated to us by VinelifeFamilyChurch
- One oversized pink and white paisley printed tote (good for keeping or gifting), also donated by VLFC
- Assorted stocking stuffers and novelty items
- Assorted health and beauty items for personal hygiene
Visit the-pinkphoenix.com/raffle for a full list of rules, photos of items, and to enter and donate!
Wow, I had forgotten exactly how many things were included in the raffle!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh, so excite. :D I had NO idea what to get my little sister for this year. Now I’m thinking I’ll package up the lipgloss and lotion in the clutch and that will be perfect. She’s a girly girl. :)
Reblogging this so that everyone can check out the awesome folks who donated the prizes.
Part 2: Chase the cunt!
After I was all secured, Ma’am told me I was allowed to lick her if I wanted to.
I wanted to. .__.
It was so difficult wiggling and pummeling myself around in that hogtie. Ma’am barely had to move to make it near impossible for me! I’d spend 30 seconds flopping into position while she sat up on her knees and watched, only to find that I couldn’t stretch my neck up far enough, or that her leg was now an insurmountable obstacle. And then she’d move again! Chuckling and papping pictures all the while.
This week I have deeep deep aches in my back thanks to squidging around like a kinky shrimp.
That goofy look on my face in the final picture though is actual joy. :3
Ahhhhhh, this relationship seems SO cute and hot and fun, thank you both for sharing it with us. :)
and the winners are…
congratulations to our winners, raffle ticket numbers 14540, 14553, and entry number 147 in the giveaway drawing!
Each winner will be notified by email before midnight tonight. Please follow instructions in your emails to claim your bags!
Thank you ALL for everything you’ve done to help us and the community of sex trade workers we serve. With your help we sold 214 raffle tickets! This will go a long way in helping us get more items for our PhoenixCare Packages and to help us do more in person outreaches and visits. We have decided to use all proceeds from this fundraiser to supply workers in need with PhoenixCare Packages.
We are still working toward filing for non-profit status and if you’d like to help with that through donations or advice, please contact us at sex worker problems at gmail dot com or SW1 at the-pinkphoenix dot com.
Thank you and congratulations again to our winners!
Once again, here are our raffle and giveaway winnnnnnners! Please, please check your email and claim your prizes by the time specified in the email so you can get your bag!
I won a thing, one of those numbers was my number!! :D I’ve had really good luck with sex-themed raffles this year, wow. :) The SWP blog has been a wonderful resource for hearing sex workers discuss their lives, challenges, joys, and the political environment they encounter. Highly recommend. And the Pink Phoenix project sounds like a really awesome thing.
Pet play isn’t inherently exciting to me, per se, but good GOD it can be the cutest.